mercredi, avril 20, 2005

achievements for today:

1. laundry
2. buy milk

not bad for six hours awake.

the leaving is getting palpably near, and I can no longer pretend that life is going to continue as normal. I finish university next week. I will be back in BC by mid June at the latest. I will work/play my way through the summer. In October... travel? become a cashier at Safeway? start painting a picket fence in Calgary? ride a motercycyle to Cairo? curl up in a ball and hibernate? These are decisions I feel completely unqualified to make.

Not suprising though. Since my Saturday night when I succombed to a winning combination of dehydration/low bloodsugar/stress/exhaustion I haven't had the energy to concentrate on more than one thing at a time. Usually this wouldn't be a problem, except that I live alone: no roommates or family members to cook or wash dishes for me. Don't get me wrong, I love living alone-maybe when I have returned chez famille, I will write down all the virtues of living solo- but right now I could use a manservant. I was told that the term "manbitch" would be more apropriate, but I am loath to use that particular term because of connotations with Pulp Fiction.

Have been inside way too much today. but it's rainy, and I am lazy.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

There's a guy in the west side who does laudry pickup and delivery for free. He might even cook (though results have been known to vary).

I really hope you're doing ok.

Much love,

N

Anonyme a dit...

This, too, shall pass. This, too, shall pass. This, too, shall pass.